Juicy chicken lollies in a spicy marinade from the grill Chicken lollies from the grill. KIKKOMAN soy sauce’s rich flavours are the optimum seasoning for the marinade, and at the same time it ensures that the juicy chicken lollies will be browned to perfection. Your guests will love these super-tender chicken lollies.
- Pull the skins off the chicken drumsticks and cut through the tendons along the bones. Now, with your thumb and index finger, carefully push the meat down so that you can hold the drumsticks by their exposed bone like lollipops.
- Combine the mustard, oil and KIKKOMAN soy sauce, then brush the chicken lollies with the mixture. Leave to marinate for several hours or overnight. Season the chicken lollies with salt and pepper about 30 minutes before grilling.
- Prepare the grill for indirect grilling and preheat it to 180–200°C. Place the lollies onto the indirect cooking zone and grill for about 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the spring onions, then brown them whole over direct heat.
- Just before the end of grilling, brush the lollies again with the marinade and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Finish grilling the lollies and serve with the grilled spring onions.