Ingredients for 4 portions
- 400 g cooked rice
- 2 tbsp. Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- ½ tbsp. vegetable oil
- A few drops of sesame oil
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp. Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- A pinch of sugar
- Put the rice, soy sauce and sesame seeds in a bowl and mix well.
- Wrap the seasoned rice in cling film and shape into four rounded triangular rice cakes.
- Discard the cling film, then heat the vegetable oil and sesame oil in a non-stick pan and fry the rice cakes on both sides over a medium heat.
- For the sauce, mix together the soy sauce, egg yolk and sugar in a small bowl. Brush the fried rice cakes with the sauce on one side and fry on that side until crispy. Brush the other side with the remaining sauce and fry on that side until crispy.
- Arrange the rice cakes on a plate and serve with your choice of pickles.