The easiest 2-ingredient mango sorbet
No need for an ice cream maker, this mango sorbet is so simple to make and very refreshing. Ripe aromatic mango, pureed with Kikkoman Mirin, served frozen with mango cubes marinated in sweet Mirin.
- Bring the Mirin to the boil with 100 ml water, boil down to syrupy consistency for about 5 minutes and allow to cool.
- Peel the mango, remove the stone and cut the flesh into wedges. Cut ¼ of the mango flesh into small cubes and mix with 1 tbsp Mirin.
- Mix the remaining mango with the Mirin syrup and puree.
- Pour the mango puree into a shallow dish and place in the freezer for at least 12 hours or overnight. Stir in between. Or freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker if preferred.
- Wash the mint and pat dry.
- Allow the sorbet to thaw slightly, arrange as desired, garnish with the marinated mango cubes and mint, and serve.
- Use papaya or kiwi instead of the mango.
- Fill the sorbet in cocktail glasses with sparkling wine or Prosecco.