Soy, Orange & Honey Glazed Roast Turkey
Roasted turkey in an orange juice, honey and Kikkoman soy sauce marinade served with Brussels sprouts– this is what Christmas tastes like!
Ingredients for 4 portion(s)
- For the stuffing Cut the baguette into small cubes for the filling. Sauté the bacon in a pan with 3 tbsp rapeseed oil. Add the baguette cubes and sauté.
- Then put in a bowl and pour over milk and 4 tbsp soy sauce. Add the egg and grated nutmeg and mix everything together well.
- Place a roasting tin in the oven and preheat to 160°C.
- Stuff turkey in the neck end with the bread mixture and place in roasting tin. Cook in the oven for approx. 90 minutes or according to instructions.
- Mix honey, orange juice and 4 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce to make a glaze. After an hour of cooking, periodically brush the skin of the turkey with the orange-soy glaze.
- Meanwhile, wash and dry the potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and parsnip. Peel the potato and put it in cold water. Boil the potatoes approx. half an hour until cooked before the turkey is ready.
- Peel the parsnip and cut as desired. Remove the outer leaves from the Brussels sprouts, trim the stalk, cross cut them, and then blanch them in boiling water for approx. 4 minutes.
- Add the parsnip and Brussels sprouts to the turkey in the roasting tin for the last half hour.
- Cut the pomegranate in half and tap the outside with a spoon, holding the pomegranate over a bowl to catch the seeds that fall out.
- Turn the oven up to 200°C and brown the turkey for the last 10 minutes. Remember to keep brushing the skin with the glaze as you do this.
- Finally, serve the turkey with the potatoes, parsnips, and Brussels sprouts, and garnish with pomegranate seeds.