Millet porridge with caramelized banana
Millet is grain rich in vitamins and minerals that makes a delicious, healthy breakfast porridge. This vegan recipe is sweetened with maple syrup, nuts & banana
- Rinse the millet first with cold water and then blanch with boiling water. Add to a saucepan and pour in twice the volume of water and boil. Turn down the heat, cover and cook for 12 minutes, until all the water is absorbed.
- Add maple syrup and coconut milk to the cooked millet. Stir and cover for 5 minutes.
- Cut the bananas lengthwise.
- Heat the Kikkoman Toasted Sesame Oil, Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce and maple syrup in a frying pan. Add bananas and caramelize them on both sides.
- Put the millet porridge into bowls and add bananas on top. Sprinkle everything with cocoa and pistachios. Other favourite nuts will also work in this dish.