Easy Sweet potato and carrot soup
Smooth and creamy soup of sweet potatoes, carrots and onion, lightened with whipped cream and seasoned with Kikkoman Mirin and fresh herbs.
- Peel and wash the sweet potatoes and carrots and cut them into pieces. Peel the onion and cut it into cubes.
- Heat the butter in a pot, add the sweet potatoes, carrots and onion and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, bring to a boil and cook covered for 20-25 minutes.
- Wash the herbs, pat dry, chop finely or cut into rolls. Lightly whip the cream.
- Puree the soup and season with the soy sauce and pepper. Add the whipped cream and half of the herbs, season with the Mirin and fill into soup bowls or plates.
- Sprinkle with the remaining herbs and serve.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices, topped with cheese.
- Finish the soup with fresh ginger.
- Spice up with chili flakes.