Easy Pork steaks with Asian ginger sauce
Juicy fried pork steaks, in an Asian-style Mirin, soy sauce, sake and ginger marinade.
- Put the Mirin, soy sauce, grated ginger and sake with the meat in a freezer bag and marinate the meat, about 1 hour at room temperature.
- Clean and blanch the green asparagus and spring onions.
- Remove the meat pieces from the marinade and pat dry. Set the marinade aside.
- Put the marinated steaks in a heated pan with a little oil and fry for about 3 minutes over medium heat. When one side is well caramelized, turn and fry for another 3 minutes. Now over low heat, add the marinade and heat or reduce with the meat for 2 minutes. When the sauce is reduced and shiny, arrange the steaks with the vegetable and serve.
- Serve the steaks with seasonal vegetables (such as cooked asparagus).
- Before adding the marinade to the pan, remove the pan from the heat for 1 minute to prevent the marinade from reducing too quickly. Then add the marinade to the pan and heat slowly over low heat with the meat.
- Other good garnishes: leek, ginger, apple, cherry tomatoes
- Rice is a good side dish.