Marinated Asian steak perfectly prepared on the grill Fillet of beef in an Asian-inspired marinade, perfectly prepared on the grill with Kikkoman. The hot and spicy flavours are beautifully balanced by the Kikkoman soy sauce. A special dish to serve your guests.
- Wash, deseed and finely chop the chilli. Peel and crush the garlic. Put both into a bowl, add the KIKKOMAN soy sauce, sherry, honey and sambal oelek and stir.
- Add the steaks to the bowl and cover them all over with the marinade. Leave in the fridge to marinate for several hours or overnight.
- Take the steaks out of the marinade, pat them dry and season with salt. Grill over strong direct heat for about 1½ minutes. Turn them by 90 degrees to get a nice grill pattern and grill for another 1½ minutes. Now turn the steaks over and grill them on the other side.
- Place the steaks into the moderate indirect heat zone of the grill and cook for another 5–10 minutes so that the juice can spread throughout the meat and the steaks will be juicy and tender. The best core temperature is 50° to max 55°C.
Make your own sambal oelek:
- Wash 200g red chillies, then finely chop them without deseeding. Set aside 5 of the chopped chillies.
- Place the remaining chillies in a saucepan with 100ml water and simmer for about 8 minutes, then drain in a sieve.
- Finely purée the raw and cooked chillies together, then stir in 1 tbsp oil and season with lemon juice, brown sugar, white wine vinegar and salt.